Building a home is probably the most significant investment you'll make in your lifetime and yes, we know - it's a big jump!
Luckily as Western Australians our government offers great financial assistance options when you become a first home buyer. This takes the pressure off a little bit and helps you get to your deposit-goal a little quicker.
First Home Owner's Grant
- This scheme is aimed at offsetting the tax you pay on your build. The grant totals $10 000.00 and if you are buying as a couple/ partnership only one person is eligible for it, so don't make the mistake of thinking you can double your digits!
- If you are building your first home or doing an extensive renovation on your first home then you may qualify for this option; but if you are planning on buying an established home then this takes the grant off the board.
- Great news - your salary doesn't affect your eligibility so no need to stress on whether or not you earn too much or too little to qualify.
- You do have to be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident (if you are buying as a couple one buyer must meet this criteria) so make sure you've crossed those t's and dotted those i's before applying.
Looking for some more assistance? When you become a New Generation home-buyer you can apply for our Easy Assist program.
We'll help you out with:
- costs for renting,
- help with supporting your family,
- a boost on your deposit,
- if you have some debts you want to clear.
Download the brochure about Easy Assist here or get in touch to see if you are eligible.