Tiles and floorboards are two of the most popular choices for living areas, so it really is going to depend on personal choice – and of course, how much money you have to spend.
So which will win the battle for home ground at your new home? It’s a tough match: the top Ts of the flooring game both have considerable strengths!
Here’s what you need to know before cementing your decision.
- Can withstand ‘wear and tear’, making them a popular choice for family homes
- Cost much less than timber
- Easy to clean
- Can easily be cut to fit in awkwardly shaped areas
- Can be laid in high-moisture areas like the bathroom and even around the pool
- Are often colder to walk on than timber floors
- Generally higher maintenance: you need to think about cleaning them the right way
- In upstairs areas, timber floors can be noisy for the people downstairs
- Show dirt and dust, so need to be cleaned often
- Feel nicer under your feet
- Give a ‘homely’ effect
- Not recommend for ‘high moisture’ areas like the bathroom
Before making the final decision for your new home, remember to consider costs, maintenance, room traffic and moisture levels.
Still stumped? Take this quiz to discover which flooring material fits your room, style, budget, and expectations!
You’ll be floored by the value packed into your New Generation home!
To get started with making your dream home a reality, you’ll need to lay the groundwork and choose the right builder.
New Generation Homes is committed to building excellence and customer satisfaction from the ground up, delivering quality and value-packed homes to Western Australians for over three decades as part of the Summit Homes Group.
It’s no surprise New Generation Homes have an extensive range of house and land packages Perth families love! Click here to view their entire collection of home and land packages, where you’re certain to find WA’s best value new home for your family!
Value is built into everything New Generation Homes does! To find out more about house and land (Perth), contact them today!