Got a new arrival on the way?
Often our decision to build new family homes is because of plans to expand the clan! If this sounds like you, then one of your first considerations when moving in should be how to make your new home safe for your new bundle of joy.
Here are our essential tips to help you child proof new homes (Perth).
• Install safety latches on all cabinets and drawers
• Use the rear hot plates on your stove to keep pot handles out of reach
• Install stove knob covers
• Lock up any detergents, pesticides and any other toxic household chemicals
• Fit the dishwasher door with multipurpose straps.
• Install a special spout cover to protect your child’s head being injured on the bath tap
• Install toilet lid locks (children can drown in just a few centimetres of water)
• Install anti-scalding shower heads to prevent burns
• Set the water heater thermostat to 49oC
• Lock medicine away in a special medicine safe.
• Use sliding outlet protectors to prevent children playing with power points
• Wrap a finger pinch guard around the edge of doors to prevent slamming fingers
• Install corner guards on your coffee table to protect your child’s head from the sharp edges
• Use safety gates at stair entry points
• Use doorknob covers to keep children away from hazardous rooms
• Be sure not to install window blinds with looped cords (strangulation hazards).
Remember that while these are considered as effective childproofing measures, they are not full proof. Nothing can match a parent’s ability to supervise their child at all times.
New Generation Homes – the best value new homes (Perth)
When building new homes (Perth) with a young family, the last thing you want is to get bogged down in a long, overwhelming building experience with budget blowouts and exceeded deadlines.
So when you’re looking for the best value family homes in Perth, talk to New Generation Homes. We build value into everything they do, from stunning designs, to quality inclusions and friendly, helpful service all the way through your journey.